Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Yo-Zuri SS Minnow Let Me Down Today


For a couple weeks now, the SS Minnow had been my fail-safe. When I couldn't catch fish with anything else, it always saved the day for me. Today, though, was a different story. I had one fish slap at it, but that was the extent of the action.

This 1-10 bass was my best of the day, and it fell for a 3/8-oz. spinnerbait in firetiger. The only other productive lures today were a Bomber Square A in chartreuse with black back, and a Bagley's Bang-o-Lure in gold with black stripes. The final tally was a total of 4 bass, 3 grindle, and 1 white perch. I had one other bass hooked up twice today--both times the same fish, I think, 'cause it was in the exact same spot each time but 30 minutes apart. It kept going after my spinnerbait, but both times leaped and spit the lure.

The grindle, as usual, were mean, and one did a pretty fair number on my spinnerbait, but with a little patience, I was able to reform it into a usable bait. Unlike most days, I let all three swim free when I got the hooks dislodged.

All my fish again came out of Albright's. As long as the water stays high, I'll be spending a lot of time down there. I'm beginning to figure out a pattern that seems to put me on at least a few fish every time I visit there. That could all change tomorrow, but I plan to milk the plan until it lets me down--much like the SS Minnow did today.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the water with my friend, Rob, and we plan to run a little farther south than Albright's to an area I haven't been to in a good spell. Hopefully, we'll find a few fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment