Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Not Much Difference in the Final Analysis


After I had turned in last night, an email showed up in my inbox from Jim Bauer, who has been on Lake Gaston since last Saturday. He was giving me a report on his fishin' day yesterday. His totals were 5 bass and 1 pickerel.









His best fish of the day was this 2.5.

















His next best fish yesterday was this 1.5.









He also boated a bass that tipped the scales at an even pound. The remaining two were dinks. Everything fell for the French fry, Jim's "old reliable" for Lake Gaston. Isolated stumps were the ticket to his success.

I hit the local water today and could only muster a total of 7 fish, including 5 bass and 2 nice white perch.

My only decent fish of the day was this 1-14 that went for a Bandit Footloose in firetiger. Three of the other four bass were 12-inchers, and the other one went about 8 inches.

I made the mistake of thinking that, since the water looked pretty decent in West Neck this morning, I would find even better looking water in Albright's. Unfortunately, I instead found a lot of muddy water, with only a few stretches of decent water.

Before the day was over, I checked out a small area on the opposite side of the river from Albright's, but it wasn't any better looking. I stayed put, though, and it was there that I boated the bass in this photo.

I don't have any plans to get back on the water until the next tourney this Saturday. Given the lackluster success I had today, I'm likely going to be trying a different location then.

No comments:

Post a Comment