Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nothing Big, But Still a Good Day


I don't often hit the water on back-to-back days, but when other priorities are at play, I take what I can get, and that's why I'm filing this second fishing report on the heels of yesterday's report.

My day started with this 1-8 in an area where I lost a decent fish during last Saturday's tourney. He picked up right where the fish yesterday left off--hitting my Yo-Zuri SS Minnow. And like all of my fish yesterday, this one and the seven other bass I boated today came out of Albright's.

Unlike yesterday, though, most of the fish today were about as far back in cuts and coves as I could get my boat. Yesterday, they were parked out front on little grass clumps that stood out a little ways farther than the rest of the shoreline. The difference in wind speed and direction may have had something to do with this change.

The next fish I swung aboard was this 1-10. My only other two keepers both weighed 1-1. The remaining four bass were approximately 10-to-12-inchers. I also missed three or four hits today on the SS Minnow.

Besides these eight bass, I boated two big white perch on a perch-colored crankbait that Charlie painted and gave to me recently. Yesterday, I had to keep jerking his bait away from the gar. A couple of them got it stuck in their snoot for a few minutes, but they were able to shake free before I had to deal with the problem.

I saw a couple of other trailers in the parking lot when I returned this afternoon but didn't see either boat on the water.

Once I was off the water, I quickly gassed up, flushed the outboard, wiped the boat down, and headed home. I'm always toast after two consecutive days on the water.

FYI: The water was over the top of the gauge when I got back to the ramp, and it still was coming in when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment