Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A West Neck Marina Management Update

For all of you anglers who frequently launch at 0-dark-30 and have been asking about a lockbox, Steve has heard and fulfilled your requests. There's a shiny, new lockbox installed next to the door to the marina store for you early-risers to tuck your launch fees into. To all those Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourney Series anglers, though, I would urge you to continue paying your launch fees to me on tourney morning, just to keep the paperwork straight. I, subsequently, will turn all those fees over to Steve.

Something else is coming soon to West Neck for your pleasure. Steve is running a water line parallel to the bank-fishing shoreline. He plans to install three or four spigots alone that line, so that you can wash your hands and/or feet during the day. Of course, I can't imagine why any right-minded fisherman would want to wash away part of the stink from livebait fishing--I always thought that was a necessary part of the game. I'm only joking, folks, so please don't get upset with me.

Steve also is adding picnic tables and other amenities for everyone's use at an ever-increasing pace. So, if you haven't stopped by lately, I urge you to drop in and have a look for yourself the next time you're out that way. I think you may be surprised at all the changes taking place. And while you're there, don't pass up a chance to try some of Steve's barbecue or brisket.

No comments:

Post a Comment