Saturday, December 22, 2012

Plenty of Water But No Fishermen

This is the way things looked at the West Neck Marina ramp today at 12:30, when I was there. I have to admit I was a little surprised to find this much water, after all the strong winds we've been having. However, after coming home and checking the weather forecast, I think I understand why the water level is in such good shape. The winds currently are blowing out of the northwest, and when that's the case, there isn't as much of an effect as you get with northeast winds.

Perhaps it's the continuing strong winds, people doing last-minute Christmas shopping, or maybe folks just wanting to give it a rest, but I didn't see a soul on the premises, except for a guy sitting in his pickup down near the ramp when I turned into the parking lot. And as soon as he saw me, he started leaving, which couldn't help but prompt a question to cross my mind: What exactly was he doing down there?

I don't reckon I'll ever know, and it probably doesn't matter anyway. What's important here and really is the only reason I'm posting this item is to let all fishermen know there's plenty of water to launch at West Neck Marina. And in looking at the forecast for about the next 48 hours, I don't see anything in the offing that will change that picture dramatically. If you go, I do have a request: Catch one for me. And if you don't mind, email your results to me, along with a photo or two showing what you caught. Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment