Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hook, Line & Sinker...


Today's fishing trip was pretty much a carbon copy of what I've encountered for a couple weeks now. The fish were pretty much the same size as what I've come to expect, and they were in the usual kinds of places. I basically divided my 4.5 hours on the water in half, spending the first half working toward the mouth of West Neck. I started the second half just this side of the bridge, passed through it, and then began making my way up the right side. My results were exactly the same: two bass and one pickerel in each direction, the biggest being the 1-2 in this photo.

I saw a few splashes today but never was able to determine what they were. I always was too far away to make a cast and try to find out.

The two baits in this photo (a Baby 1-Minus and a chatterbait) were my only productive lures today. I didn't even have any passes with the Thin N that has been a fairly steady producer the past couple of weeks.

The water temp when I left the ramp this morning about 10 o'clock was 46.5, and it still hadn't hit 50 by the time I quit at 2:30. With no sunshine to speak of, don't reckon I should have expected any different.

I ended my day by towing a couple of young boys in a johnboat from near the bridge to the ramp. They had exhausted themselves, trying to get their old outboard started, and they didn't have a paddle in the boat. I saw 'em waving as soon as I motored through the bridge. It's always nice to lend a helping hand to someone in need.

The water level at launch time was about 14 inches above the joint in the ramp, but it had edged up a fair amount by the time I recovered my boat. There already was three or four rigs in the parking lot by the time I got there, and Joe McDevitt launched just ahead of me. I'm hoping to get an email report from him to update this item with, but at the moment, I'm at the mercy of Cox Communications. I've not had any email service since last evening, and they're saying "tonight" before it gets restored. I have my fingers crossed, because I'm also looking for a report from John Goodman about his Goody's Big Bass Tourney today down at Bob's Fishing Hole.

I don't have any firm fishing plans for next week. There's at least a chance I may not get out at all, considering the other things already on my schedule. Will just have to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment