Monday, December 24, 2012

Oh Where Could Eddie Be?


Photo compilation by John Williams
 
The snowflakes, they just keep on a fallin',
But Eddie still hasn't come callin',
Even though his boat's been reported unmanned,
And adrift in West Neck Creek... understand?
 
While some might want to go and worry,
I think they're just in too much of a hurry;
There's gotta be a reasonable explanation,
For Eddie to leave the helm of his transportation.
 
Oh! Look up yonder--there o'er all the trees,
Isn't that St. Nick and his reindeer blowin' in on the breeze?
I'll bet ya our Eddie just hitched himself a short sleigh ride,
To tell Santa in person what "toy" he wants for his Skeeter pride.

Turns out that's exactly what happened,
And his boat never was really threatened,
His anchor pole always was in the down position,
Holding the boat steady till he finished his Santa mission.
 
All is well in West Neck after all this Christmas Eve;
Eddie's been accounted for, and that you can believe,
So have yourself a jolly old holiday this year--
On that one wish, I'm totally sincere.

Here's the Eddie--Eddie Sapp, to be exact--I'm talking about in this poem. I had no ulterior motive for using his boat for the backdrop, other than for the fact I had a good shot of it from a tourney earlier this year. I handed that and a photo of West Neck Creek to a graphic designer friend of mine who produced what you see above. I only hope I've in no way offended you, Eddie. Please accept my best wishes for a holiday full of cheer--that goes for you and everyone in your family, as well as all the fellas I fish with, their families, and all those who read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment