Thursday, June 1, 2023

In Case You've Been Wondering...

No, I haven't thrown away my computer keyboard, nor have I swapped my fishin' rods for golf clubs. The truth is, this stretch of nasty weather, coupled with something that happened last Sunday, has put a bit of a damper on my usual writing habits.

This past Sunday started out on a very positive note. For the first time in about three years (since the pandemic first reared its ugly head), my wife and I had gone to Moyock to spend the day with the boy and his wife and have dinner with them.

That much of the day was all good, and things stayed that way until we returned home right about sundown. Thirty minutes later, I was following an ambulance carrying my wife to the Sentara Princess Anne Emergency Room.

While I had been outside preparing a bed for a neighborhood kitten that its owner routinely has allowed to roam at will, I suddenly heard a sound coming from just inside our front door. I stopped what I was doing to investigate, and upon opening the front door, found my wife lying in the middle of the floor. She had missed a couple of steps while coming down the stairwell and subsequently slammed into the hardwood floor.

Once at the hospital, the doctor ordered X-rays and a brain scan. Besides banging up her knees and one ankle, the right side of her head also had made solid contact with the floor. Luckily, these tests showed her injuries were limited to bruising, along with all the commensurate aches and pains one would expect from such an incident...but nothing was broken.

So, after a two-hour hospital stay, we both were on the road home...and thankfully without the problem I had incurred when she had gone to the hospital the last time. On that occasion (another night when it was raining), I had absent-mindedly left the front passenger-side window (of her car, no less) rolled down after asking for some help finding a parking place at the hospital. Cleaning up that mess was no walk in the park, but I did manage to get it to pass her inspection.

In any event, I'm letting everyone know I found time for some Internet research yesterday and hope to have the first of two or three new posts ready to publish by the close of today...barring any more accidents, that is.

Update: Sincere thanks to all who have expressed concern for my wife. I'm happy to report that she is doing well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment