Friday, April 21, 2023

Got a Feeling I'd Better Grab an Ibuprofen Before I Hit the Sack...


Otherwise, my arm likely will keep me awake most of the night.

With the weather folks talkin' 'bout some stormin' coming through our area this weekend, I decided to drag my carcass out of bed early this morning and head to West Neck Marina. I wasn't looking for a banner day, and it's a good thing.

Ran across Dave Anderson this morning while trying to find some of those green fish, and he told me that he had caught two at that point in the day...the biggest running about 4 lbs. He was gone by the time I returned to the dock about 2:45, so I don't know his final count. UPDATE: Dave ended the day with a total of 7 bass.

I threw plastic, crankbait, topwater and a spinnerbait throughout my day and only managed two fish overall: a 2-6 about 9 o'clock this morning and a 1-4 just moments before I threw in the towel this afternoon. In between those times, I had a couple blowups on my spinnerbait with no connection, and I witnessed one fish just following along behind my spinnerbait without making any effort to nab it. This is my second outing in a row that I've had that happen.

Incidentally, I need to thank Skip Schaible for pulling me out of the water this afternoon. It's always nice to have a helping hand, especially at the end of a fishing day.

With any luck, I will get at least one more day on the water before our next tournament on Saturday, April 29. Doubt that it will actually prove helpful to the tournament cause, but at least I have to try. First, though, I have to dump a few gallons of gas in the tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment