Sunday, April 2, 2023

Gittin' 'Em While the Gittin' Is Good

This much I can say with unrestrained certainty: This lad's dad, Ralph, and uncle, Robert, have taught him well. The lad in these photos is Ryan Land, who fished his first Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourney Series event with us just one week ago today.

In this evening's kayak trip to Back Bay, Ryan boated these five bass, with a combined total weight of 16.98 pounds...all in just two hours, no less. His big fish (first photo to the left) measured 22 inches and tipped the scales at 5.29 pounds...his biggest to date from Back Bay. The other four weighed between 2.65 and 3.25 pounds.

If that kind of trip won't get the adrenaline pumping, I don't know anything that will.

Said Ryan, "If I only can figure out how to duplicate my kayak success in the boat."

"My hearty congratulations to you, Ryan, on a great haul!!! To say you did 'well' would be a gross understatement. Keep it up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment