Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Another Day on the Water


It's one of those weeks when I have a few more things than usual happening but still was able to work in a day of fishing. As it turned out, I had a couple of friends joining me in their own boats.

Ralph ended up with a dozen or so bass in the boat, while Skip and yours truly each countered with six fish. Ralph indicated he caught all or most of his fish on a jig. Meanwhile, Skip enticed his fish (one of 'em at right) with a variety of baits, including both hard and soft models. I caught my fish this morning on a topwater bait, but shifted to a spinnerbait this afternoon, with each accounting for three fish apiece.

My best bass of the day, which weighed in at 3-12 (left), came this afternoon from an old haunt I always visit this time of year. The fish made a pass at my spinnerbait but missed, so I went back for a second try. The fish passed but missed again, so I stopped my retrieve this time, and the fish finally got the hook. The ol' gal's tummy was full, so I treated her kindly while getting her back in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment