Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Another Victim of the Carp - Gar Debacle

Heard from DMac today. He began his email with a kudos to "that young whipper snapper Ryan Land." He aptly took note of the fact that Ryan's "persistence pays off" is a very difficult concept to pass down to the younger folks. "Good on him for grinding it out!!!" said DMac.

He then let me know that his persistence croaked about 3 p.m. this past Sunday.

"I caught five fish on five different frogs," said DMac. "Nothing worth taking a selfie with. If I had had a bow and arrow, I coulda filled up a dump truck with d**n carp, not to mention the gar shadowing my boat all day. On the way home, my guts told me 'maybe I shoulda stayed another hour'...W-A-A-A-H!!!"

Surprisingly, I never detected even a hint of that kind of activity today in West Neck Creek. I have no doubt, though, that it's just a matter of time.

Keep your reports coming, DMac. Really appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment