Saturday, July 23, 2022

Pulled Away From the Dock at Safe Light...

 

And by 9 o'clock, Wayne and I already had gotten a limit. The goal was to catch a few fish and call it a day before the hot sun had a chance to turn us to toast. With a visit to my dermatologist scheduled for next Wednesday, I wasn't prepared to put myself in line for a lecture from my doctor.

We managed to catch a few fish...plus some. By the time we quit about 11 o'clock, we had put together a bag that would have weighed somewhere between 16 and 17 pounds, anchored by two fish that would have gone about 4 or 4.5 lbs. apiece.

We returned to the dock at the same time all the pleasure boaters were showing up and trying to drop their craft in the water. It would be safe to say we wasted no time getting Wayne's rig on the trailer and heading for home. Considering the number of other boats we met on the road, we definitely got out while the gettin' was good.

With the weather forecast being what it is for the next week, I don't foresee us spending any whole days on the water anytime soon. More likely, any fishin' trips will resemble today's venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment