Friday, July 29, 2022

Are You One Who Has Been Known To Get a Little Hot Under the Collar?

Yessiree! There's no denying that I've been known to blow off a little (ahem, better make that a "lot of") steam from time to time. However, I've not yet procured one of those newfangled portable neck fans I see folks wearing nowadays, including some fishermen.

I gotta admit that when the weather gets like it has been around here the past few weeks, with daytime heat indexes running into the triple digits, one of those gadgets likely would feel pretty darned good, especially when it's one of those times I've gotten mighty worked up about something. You know what I'm talking about...one of those times when I have steam coming from my neck, as well as my ears.

Sure would beat one of those ol' local funeral-parlor hand fans like the grown-ups at the First Baptist Church where I grew up used to wear out in the summer. 'Tweren't nothing that could compare to a hot summer Lord's Day, along with a Baptist preacher intent on getting his message across to the congregation in a church with nothing but those antiquated ceiling fans. On second thought, there was one thing that could be hotter, and that was sitting through a service at my maternal grandparents' Fire Baptized Holiness Church. As a very young boy, I once attended an Easter service at their church that lasted for hours...yes, plural.

However, I digress, so let me get back to these neck fans, which you simply place on your neck. Designed without wings, they can be used safely by children and the elderly. When using them, you don't have to worry about your hair getting caught on the fan blades. With 78 (or so) air outlets around the neck, it can be used for the entire face.

Designed like some headphones, these hand-free fans...in the opinion of some...make you look cool, and the best part of all...you can take it anywhere in hot weather. Standard models have 4,000mAh large-capacity batteries, which can run between four and 16 hours, depending on your choice of speeds.

Most personal neck fans are of lightweight construction, usually weighing approximately 8 or 9 ounces and thus exerting minimal strain on the neck.

Might have to check these out here one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment