Tuesday, July 5, 2022

His Boat's Right Now, And So Is His Fishin'


That pretty well describes my friend, "Doc" Murdock.

While checking on my health in an email earlier today, he also let me know he had spent a couple hours on the water this morning. It would be fair to say he undoubtedly came back with a smile on his face, seein' as how he boated a bass that measured 20 inches long and weighed 4 lbs. 5 ozs. He also lost two others alongside the boat that weren't hooked too good.

It would seem that fishin' in general is picking up, 'cause I'm seeing reports of several folks finding better fish. Sure hope it lasts long enough for me to try stumbling across one or two myself.

Had an unexpected welcome present come my way today when I received a phone call from a lady with the Virginia Department of Health. She had received a copy of the report showing that I had tested positive for Covid. After asking me some questions about my condition, she informed me that I can roam hither and yon for the next 90 days without any fear of another infection. Seems victims incur a natural immunity against the disease for that period of time.

She concluded by wishing me good luck with my fishin'. Sincerely appreciate both her and "Doc's" well-wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment