Tuesday, April 19, 2022

"Wow! Nice Fish!" I Bet You're Thinking, Right?


That's certainly what I was thinking when my longtime friend, Jim, sent me this photo yesterday of his 10-year-old great-grandson holding a bass he had caught in a neighborhood pond in Deep Creek.

When he first received the photo, no details were provided. It was only after Jim asked for some that he discovered this photo really is the result of some fancy camera angles. The fish actually only weighed about a pound or pound-and-a-half.

Don't know about y'all, but I can't help wondering how many more photos we see in newspapers, magazines, online, etc. that are nothing more than the result of someone who has figured out some fancy camera angles.

Jim went on to explain that his great-grandson also had hooked what appeared to be about a 3-pounder in the same pond but lost it when the fish threw the hook. Seems the lad didn't have the drag set quite right on his baitcaster.

"He's 'ate up' with bass fishing," said my friend. "I guess Grandpa better get the Skeeter ready, 'cause I probably will be hearing from him soon, asking for a ride...'" and he likely will, 'cause, as Jim continued, "I had some good times with his dad at that age in my tin Tracker. Appears to be a 'chip off the ol' block.'"

And while this lad is displaying his angling skills, his older brother is demonstrating his expertise in cornhole competition...both locally and elsewhere. The last time Jim and I talked about him, he already had lined up two or three sponsors, so the boy knows a thing or two about getting those bags in the hole...consistently!

Wishing both lads a lot of success in whatever they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment