Sunday, April 24, 2022

Looks Like Spring Fishin' Is Pickin' Up

'Twould seem that spring finally has sprung, given the fact I've heard from a couple of contributors in the same day. It started this morning with the following note from my kayaker buddy, Ron, who wrote:

Fished Tecumseh Friday morning and caught one 2-4 bass, as well as one catfish. Am still mixing it up between fresh and saltwater, and as you see here, just participated in another one of our annual trash cleanups.

Besides death and taxes, one other thing you always can count on is plenty of trash along all of our waterways...I even accidentally contributed to it on the North Landing this past Friday. As the fishing was coming alive for me in the last hour of my fishin' day, I got so excited and 'het up' over catching four bass in quick succession that I had to come out of my nearly new 3XL Onyx lifejacket. Didn't realize 'til later, when I got home, that the jacket was missing and knew that it had to have blown out of the boat as I ran the short distance from where I finished up fishing in West Neck to the ramp.

Might be mistaken, but I wouldn't doubt if my loss didn't end up being someone else's discovery, in which case I wish whomever well. Fortunately, I found another one online on sale, for about the same price I paid for the original one, and am expecting it to be delivered this coming Wednesday.

Then, this evening, I found a note from contributor dmac, along with some photos of beauties he's been landing over Northwest way. His note read as follows:

Good afternoon, Mr. Ken. Hope all is good and your livewell has been full of 5-lbers...(don't I wish!!!). After getting beat up by the wind for the last several weeks, as I pursued some NW River bass with a rubber worm, I'm happy to report that the frog bite now is ON!!!

Congrats to both of you and Tight Lines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment