Sunday, December 26, 2021

She's B-A-A-A-C-K...And Running As Good As It Ever Has

I'll have to admit I was a bit disappointed with my Skeeter's performance this past Friday, the first day of break-in for the rebuilt motor. But after some additional TLC today by Wayne, I've gotta say that I couldn't be happier.

On Friday, we experienced some hesitation...all the way from about 3500 rpm to wide-open throttle. It lasted throughout the half-day we were on the water.

Once we were back at the ramp, Wayne called the mechanic who did the rebuild, and they collectively agreed on a course of action to solve the problem. Subsequent to their conversation, Wayne installed all new fuel hoses today, along with a new set of spark plugs and a new water-separator filter, and as a result, the boat is running as good now as it did when I first bought it.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that we've finally turned the corner on getting the Skeeter back to what it was when I bought the boat from Robert Stamey. Have no doubt that Wayne's hoping for success, too...if for no other reason than the fact he won't have near as many phone calls from me, hollering H-E-L-P! That routine has to be getting old after so many months.

I look forward to completing the break-in and getting on with some extra fishing while this weather continues holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment