Tuesday, June 2, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, June 7, 2020



Tuesday, June 2 (from "Doc")...Went out today, fished lower West Neck Creek. Only stayed two hours because, as usual, the weatherman lied. He called for SSE winds at 5 to 10 mph, when, in reality, they were blowing at least 15 to 20. Had all I wanted much sooner than I had expected. Neverthess, I managed to catch four bass: a 1.3 and a 1.6 on topwater, plus a 1.14 and a 1.9 on a swimjig. Didn't get a picture of the 1.3...got excited and forgot. (Not bad for only two hours, "Doc." It took me eight hours last Saturday to match your total, and two of mine were just dinks. Way to go!)

Wednesday, June 3 (from Ron)...Wet a line this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Ashville Bridge Creek. Tried a few plastics and spinners, with no bites for an hour and a half. Started throwing topwater as I transited back to launch to recover before "curfew" and found one small bass at 7:55 p.m. to avoid the skunk. Have a feeling that if I could have stayed out for another half-hour, I would have done better. Was very warm, and the flies were abysmal! Found that keeping my head covered was a deterrent, but was uncomfortably too hot.

Thursday, June 4 (from Ron)...I was able to find time for a fishing trip Thursday. Tried for a flounder dinner but couldn't find any. At least I didn't get skunked! I could have tried to foul hook a few more, but not a fan of sardines! Not looking good today, and the gauge is way, way up.

Saturday, June 6 (from Ron)...Enjoyed a nice weather morning in Blackwater. Caught 11 bass, including a 1-10, 1-11, and a 1-14, but all the rest were too small for the scale. They hit everything: plastics, topwater and XTS minnow. Had a nice bowfin on, but he threw the hook. Also caught one small slime dart on a fluke.

No comments:

Post a Comment