Thursday, June 4, 2020

A "Dubious" Honor, Perhaps...But an Honor, Nevertheless

Four years ago, on April 23, 2016, to be exact, two Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourney anglers became the inaugural inductees into the "I Survived My North Landing Plunge" Club. Those two included (from left in photo at right) Skip Schaible and Rob Chatham.

Skip's unceremonious dousing occurred from the bow of his Nitro. Meanwhile, Rob slipped off the stern of my Skeeter, thanks in no small part to the Bass Boat Saver I have used for a long while to clean up my boat. Suffice it to say that you're in "no man's land" anytime you get both feet on a part of the hull that has been wiped down with that stuff. Incidentally, we never did recover the rod and reel Rob lost during that event.

To memorialize the aforementioned miscues, I designed a small plaque for presentation to those two victims, as well as anyone else who ever should go overboard during one of our tournaments.

As it turns out, a new presentation is scheduled to take place this coming Saturday, June 6, 2020, with the induction of Gary Coderre (see left) into the "I Survived My North Landing Plunge" Club. As noted in my earlier report of our tournament results from last Saturday, May 30, Gary went overboard from his Ranger during the weigh-in. Like Skip and Rob, he fortunately escaped injury.

Tournament Director Wayne Hayes will make this new trophy presentation as he passes out money envelopes to the winners of this coming Saturday's tournament. For the benefit of anyone who would like to join us, we likely will shove off sometime between 5:30 and 6 a.m., with weigh-in at 2 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment