Monday, May 25, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, May 31, 2020



Monday, May 25 (from Ron)...Got out this evening and fished Tecumseh. When I launched at about 5 p.m., got a couple bass, then by 6 the bite stopped and nothing else. A 1-9  and  1-4 were all I found on the jig 'n' pig. Weather was pleasant, and I floated around, thinking about the friends and brothers in arms that I have lost over the years.


Tuesday, May 26 (from Skip)...If you can't go bass fishing, then go blue fishing. They are fun to catch.










Wednesday, May 27 (from "Doc")...Ran into him at West Neck Marina today while dumping some gas in my boat. Learned that he had been out a couple hours this morning trying to entice some bass with a crankbait. He said he only had boated one dink but lost a nice one at the boat while trying to handle the net and his rod at the same time...a feat that has seen a lot of fish go AWOL from a lot of anglers. "Doc" also told me he had another fish on for a couple minutes but never got a look at it, so didn't know what it was. Gotta hand it to my friend...he definitely has a sense of good timing. While we were "chewing the fat," felt some raindrops start falling, and they kept shutting on and off most of the time we both were out there. As I told him, I usually wait too long to come in and end up getting soaked by a downpour, rather than just a few sprinkles.

Wednesday, May 27 (from Ron)...Working nights this week, so got to fish in the morning and re-visited Milldam, which I haven't been to since 6 April. Water was clear in the main creek, but the feeder creeks were very murky, and no noticeable grass has come up yet. Started with micro-spinner and XTS Minnow, but only the panfish were interested. Caught about a half-dozen small white perch, a sunfish, and a crappie. Switched to SwimSenko and couldn't find a sniff. Dug through my bags of plastic and decided on a good ol' White Fluke. Bam! Seems that was what the six bass I caught wanted. First five were all scale-worthy at 1-6, 1-10, 1-12, 1-15, and a 2-2, and then a wee dink to finish out the morning.

Friday, May 29 (from Ron)...Fished Ashville Bridge Creek this morning. Caught three bass. A 2-2 hit the Pop-R, and then I got a 1-8 and a 1 -9 on the Senko. Very murky and high water, but at least the rain wasn't cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment