Monday, May 4, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, May 10, 2020



Monday, May 4 (from Ken)...Returned to the water today after a month-long layoff, and it was as though I was staring the year all over again. The day proved to be a long chain of misadventures like I haven't seen in ages. Errant casts, hangups, getting line hung up in the prop of the trolling motor, and having to keep one eye on watch for moccasins were only some of what happened. It was little wonder to me why I only boated two 12-inch bass. Caught both on topwaters. Also had two blowups on these baits and one fish that pulled off moments after I had set the hook. My only other catch was a tiny white perch that went for a crankbait. My one positive for the day was a boat that worked for a change. Verified that with a run to Albright's. Thankfully managed to dodge all the big-boy traffic that was headed north today. Shortly after I launched this morning, met up with Stan Krasson and a friend who showed me a nice 5.5 pounder they had caught. They also indicated the fish to that point in time had been hitting pretty good. Skip also was on the water today, but I'll wait for his photos to hit my inbox before I talk about his day.

Monday, May 4 (from Skip)...Skip told me that he ended the day with a total of 11 fish. He caught them on a variety of baits and in a couple different locations.






Tuesday, May 5 (from Bob)...I was out early on Monday and got a few small bass but noticed bluegill popping bugs left and right in a couple of coves, so brought the 2 weight out this morning and had a couple fun tussles before the wind came up. Went back to bass once it started blowing and was surprised with this bowfin on the first cast. Had a few small bass after that, but none pulled close to this dinosaur.




Thursday, May 7 (from Ron)...Just wanted to let ya know that I am still fishing daily, but all my efforts are in the saltwater trying to catch the bluefish. This afternoon, I was trolling for bluefish and got a nice flounder for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment