Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Not Just Your Run-of-the-Mill Double

Came across this photo while digging around the Internet today. Said the bank angler who made the catch, "First time I've ever doubled up, and definitely my first time seeing a bass and catfish hit the same lure!"

He went on to say, "When they hit, the entire surface just exploded. I first thought one bass had hit and missed the lure (a Baby Torpedo), then tried again. Once I felt the weight, I thought I had a giant. As I was reeling them in, I noticed the entire mass was spinning--kind of felt like a crankbait when the trebles get hung in the line.

"When I flipped them up to me over the bushes lining the bank, I couldn't even process what I was seeing. The craziest thing to me was that the catfish had both trebles (one in his mouth, the other hooked in his side). Meanwhile, the bass was hooked on only one barb and flopped off as soon as I landed them.

"Just the wildest thing I've ever had happen to me while fishing. Made venturing out in the rain worth it," he concluded.

Both fish were released alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment