Wednesday, January 29, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020



Tuesday, Jan. 28 (from Ron)...I went back to Tecumseh this evening but opted for a creek that I know holds some chain pickerel. Caught seven of them and fortunately only had to unhook three. I let the smaller ones flop around alongside the yak in hopes they throw the hooks, and they usually do. Spinnerbait and XTS Minnow were on the menu. Tried Craws, small red crankbait and Zoom flukes, but none got hit. It was chilly, and that last sliver of light at sunset didn't provide any warmth! Wind died down a bit, and that helped make the trip bearable.

Wednesday, Jan. 29 (from Ron)...Fished upper North Landing this evening from 3:40 to 5:20. Was throwing the micro spinner and had three on that threw the hook about 4 o'clock, then nothing for a spell. As the sun lowered, along with the temperature, I was convinced I would end with a skunk, but low and behold, right about 5:00, I caught a 1-6, followed by a 1-4. Been a while since I got a chance to use my scale, and I was glad. Tried a few other lures, but micro spinner was all that worked. It was a bit chilly. The river gauge is back up and was reading 1.8.

Thursday, Jan. 30 (from Ron)...Made a short evening trip to upper North Landing, even though the gauge was 1.4. Fished for an hour and found one dink to avoid the skunk. Used the micro spinner bait again. Had two more strikes on the lure, but they were not being aggressive. These north winds are not good and neither is the cold.

Sunday, Feb. 2 (from Ron)...I caught the skunk Friday and Saturday while fishing Tecumseh. The rivers and creeks have been too low, and Tecumseh was no good. With the gauge up to 1.6 this morning, was able to try Milldam and found two small chain pickerel to avoid a third skunk. Kind of breezy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment