Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Good Friend Recovering From Broken Wrist

Had an email yesterday from my good friend and former fellow tournament angler, Tom Acree, who fished with me a couple of times this past summer and shared his knowledge about a couple of spots I wanted to learn. He let me know that he had to undergo surgery for a broken wrist this past October.

Said Tom, "I broke it so badly they had to put in a plate and two pins." He also went on to explain that the doctor told him he has serious doubts if he will regain full use of his right wrist. "At least I'm left-handed," Tom responded, adding, "I've been going to therapy three times a week."

With the long days of winter upon him now, coupled with having only limited time he can spend outdoors, my friend said he has been somewhat depressed here lately. Asked me to please keep my blog going 'cause he has lots of time for reading at the moment. I assured Tom I would and urged him to get well so we can make some more trips together come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment