Saturday, October 20, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, Oct. 21, 2018



Saturday, Oct. 20 (from Ron)...Been chasing the speckled trout for a couple weeks. Getting a few close to 20 inches, as well as 20, 30 and more 12-inchers. Found a nice 19-incher this morning and also caught a much needed anchor. Have always wanted one. Snagged it, and after some struggle, pulled it up, cleaned it off, and now have an anchor for those windy days. Saw a fella in a boat land a huge speck. When I passed, I asked about length, and he said it was 27 inches!!! Certainly looked that long. Gotta keep trying!

Sunday, Oct. 21 (from Ron)...Fought serious wind today (gusting over 30) to find some speckled trout. Oddly, I didn't see anyone else out there! Fought through a few small ones before finally finding one like I was after: a 21-incher. Feeling the head shake and listening to the drag is a great feeling. When I got back to the parking lot, there were no other cars...what wimps! The launch and transit was tough. Fought wind until I hit the the western shore, then it was calm and protected. Didn't consider the return trip, which took every ounce of effort I could muster to make about a half-knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment