Tuesday, October 30, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, Nov. 4, 2018




Monday, Oct. 29 (from Ron)...Today's trip to Milldam marks the third trip since Thursday, when I only caught one dink. Will shift efforts back to the salty waters. Was a beautiful evening, but bass had lockjaw, and I haven't caught a panfish in ages.




Tuesday, Oct. 30 (from Ken)...After a couple weeks of recuperation from our Classic tournament, I was ready to get back on the water. Launched about 9 o'clock and fished until about 2 o'clock. I stayed in West Neck and fished the area above the bridge. Hit it with a chatterbait, couple of crankbaits, a topwater, and a jerkbait. Only the latter worked for me, and it even went dead after about 11:30. Managed to catch a couple of bass, the biggest a 1-1. Also lost a fish that hit just a few casts after I started using the jerkbait. It was a quality fish--probably a decent striper, based on the way it acted. Really smacked the jerkbait with authority and then took off on a dead run for open water. The lure eventually pulled out, but it was fun while it lasted. Water temp when I started was a tad over 52, but forgot to check it when I came in. Talked to Rob Peppers and Dave Anderson on the water. They said they had caught a few small ones. Also exchanged info with Ray Scott when I came in. He had two, both about the same size as mine. The gorgeous day more than made up for the lack of bites. Too bad I have commitments for the next two days, or I would be back out there again, trying to improve on today's number.


Wednesday, Oct. 31 (from Ron)...Fished HRBT last night from 2100 to 0100 and didn't get a tap. Shifted gear and went for a quick trip to upper North Landing this evening in hopes of a bowfin or bass. Found a nice striper that was out trick-or-treating. Gave a good fight (treat), and I released him to grow a bit more.


Sunday, Nov. 4 (from Ray)...Fished Albright's today. Caught two small bass in the first half hour, then didn’t get another bite the rest of the day. The water temperature at launch time was 59 degrees, but it had edged up to 62 by quitting time. Thought it would be a good day but was wrong again. White spinnerbait was the lure of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment