Saturday, October 31, 2015

Not a Bad Day: Went 4 for 4


I fished four different coves in West Neck yesterday and came away with one bass in each. I also had another fish on for a while in two of the coves, plus I missed a couple of strikes, so all in all, I truly couldn't complain.

The fish in this photo weighed 1-1, and the other three nearly were carbon copies of this one. My first couple of fish yesterday morning fell for a white 3/8-oz. chatterbait. My lucky lure for the other two was a white wakebait. I also fished a Pop R, crankbait and a Slider worm without even drawing a strike.

I was happy to find that my research a few days ago proved to be helpful during this outing. There definitely were fish in the coves as I fished my way toward the mouth of West Neck. However, I didn't have enough time to check out the upper stretches of the creek. Only fished from 9 to 2, and with the days getting even shorter following the time change this weekend, my average fishing day will grow even shorter. And, too, white baits were working--just as described in the same article.

The air temp when I left the house this morning was 59, compared to a reading of 70 when I left the marina this afternoon. The water temp at start time was 62, but I forgot to check that reading when I quit.

Only saw one other fisherman on the water yesterday, and he already was gone when I returned to the ramp, so I don't have a clue what kind of day he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment