Friday, April 5, 2013

You Never Know What To Believe These Days

With all the ways there are to doctor photos and videos anymore, red flags routinely go up for nearly everybody when they see something that looks the least bit suspicious. That never was more true for me than a day or so ago when my friend Jim Bauer sent me the following link: http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excursions/post/angler-lands-two-big-bass-at-once-including-one-trying-to-swallow-the-other/. Once you check out this link, I think you'll understand why I said what I did.

Turns out, though, that other evidence exists to suggest that what you see in this video clip very well may be the "real deal" and not some slight-of-hand-trick performed by somebody trying to generate a little publicity for himself/herself. While the event captured in the above video link appears to have occurred sometime in the last few days at Lake Austin in Texas, I found another link to the same sort of event, supposedly filmed back in 2009. Here's the link for that clip: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKBmONt_dds. Thus far, I haven't been able to track down where this event occurred.

If you do a search of Google images, you'll find still shots from the two referenced videos in this post, as well as other photos showing two fish locked mouth-to-mouth. I've never witnessed such an event, but I have seen a bass chase down a snake, so I can't rule out any or all possibilities in the realm of nature.

At least, the bass in the two video links here were released alive. Whether they learned their lesson, though, likely will remain a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment