Friday, April 12, 2013

The Catfish Must Be Bitin'...

Or so you would be led to believe by this photo of the proud angler, Jim (left), along with the 3-lb. channel cat he landed at West Neck Marina earlier today. On hand with his congratulations for the catch is Steve, the marina manager.

The man behind the camera here is my kayaker buddy, Charlie, who was at West Neck to meet one of his blog readers. It seems Charlie is going to be giving this reader a fishing lesson tomorrow. I can't think of a better guy to be your angling teacher for the day.

My hat's off to Jim on his catch today--Well done! And thanks, Charlie, for sharing Jim's happy moment with me and all my blog readers.

Incidentally, Charlie tells me the water level is over the top of the measuring stick at the West Neck Marina ramp today--he estimates it at 4.3 feet. With the winds supposedly turning to the northwest tonight, though, that level likely will have retreated a little bit by daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment