Wednesday, March 1, 2023

We Three Amigos Did It Today...

What? you might ask. Went fishin', of course. Figured we'd better get our licks in before the rain moves in these next two days and turns the water to chocolate milk again.

Amigo No. 1, Wayne, had the best day of all of us. He caught two nice keepers: one weighing 3-3, and the other checking in at 3-8. Amigo No. 2, Skip, and yours truly, Amigo No. 3, may have had about the same weight as Wayne's smaller fish, when you add our one fish each together. Skip estimated his bass at about 2 lbs., and mine tipped the scales at 1-2. I also had one white perch that looked like he may have weighed about a pound, but I didn't take the time to put it on the scales and check.

I found a lot of baitfish today and hoped that activity might signal a good day in the offing, but I was mistaken. As a matter of fact, I never saw any indication whatsoever that anything was chasing them. They were just rippling the water near the surface in several spots.

The only piece of good news I received today came by way of a phone call from my wife while I was on the water. She let me know the dermatologist had called to say that they wouldn't have to take any more of my flesh for the time being. All I have to do is wait for another week and then go in to have my stitches removed.

The water temp when I shoved away from the dock this morning was reading a tad over 53, and I never saw it go over 56 all day.

There wasn't any traffic on the main river to speak of today. Wayne saw one "big boy" this morning, and I saw a sailboat as I was running back to West Neck this afternoon. That will change one day real soon, though...as we all know.

Will leave you with one piece of news that all of you may appreciate. I spoke with the marina owner before leaving the property this afternoon and asked if he could overhaul all the potholes in the roadway. Also mentioned that the area directly in front of the lip to the ramp needs redone again. Am guessing all of you are getting as tired of dealing with these things as I am. In any event, Jimmy said he will have everything ready to go for us on Sunday, March 26th, the date of our scheduled first tournament this year.

In the meantime, Tight Lines! to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment