Monday, March 6, 2023

Getting Ahead of the Windy Forecast


That was my motivation to get on the water today. Would seem there were a lot of others with the same idea. While there was only one boat ahead of me this morning, there were at least 11 more trailers besides mine in the parking lot when I returned this afternoon, not to mention three or four extra vehicles.

Even the lackluster fishing day didn't get me in the dumps. I stayed with it and finally found a couple of fish (biggest about a pound and a quarter) in West Neck and got them in the boat.

As the day wore on, I got hooked up with a couple more fish, but they found a way to shake my bait before I could get an up-close look at either one. Also missed a couple more strikes before the day was over.

Talked briefly with a fella in a Tracker this afternoon (the one who put in just ahead of me this morning). He said he had a couple of crappie, a white perch, and a bass to show for his efforts.

I stayed in West Neck today, given the fact my running last week proved to be pretty much for naught. Fished both sides of the bridge, but the only action I found today, such as it was, occurred while I was working my way toward the main river.

Until I find a calmer day than what appears to be on the horizon for at least the next couple of days, reckon I'll be confined to staying in front of my computer or helping my wife start getting some things done in the yard. Also am looking at hiring some workers to take care of a couple jobs that are too big for me to handle. If nothing else, I well know my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment