Saturday, January 28, 2023

West Neck Non-Fishing Report

After about two weeks of trying, I finally made it to the marina this morning and vacuumed the mud out of my boat from the last trip I took earlier. Hadn't started before Dave showed up. Our chat revealed that he and Gary have a fishing trip planned tomorrow, with hopes they can find some clearer water than what you see in West Neck right now.

When I had finished my job, I took a trip around the ramp area, where there were at least eight rigs parked. Only recognized Jim C.'s rig.

My next stop was at the store, where I learned that everything still looks just as it did after our Classic tournament in October. Even the toilet seat still is broken, and the front-door lock still hasn't been changed, as I had been told several weeks back was going to happen.

I do know that at least some work has been accomplished inside the house, but nothing appeared to be happening there today. However, there was a young guy working inside the big round-top tin building beside my boat-storage shed. I went over and talked to him long enough to learn that he's assembling an updated batting cage in the building, which is what the building originally started out as. Not sure if the building remains under the new owners' auspices, or if maybe they have leased/rented the building to another entity. Figured I would wait and see about that aspect, since I already had been somewhat nosey.

Bottom line: If I were a betting man, I would be extremely hesitant to put any money on the odds of seeing the marina manned and/or operational anytime in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment