Sunday, January 1, 2023

I'm Thankful for All My Friends

Today started as the agreed-upon time for Wayne to do the annual winter maintenance on my outboard and related matters. However, it turned into more than just that.

When Wayne had finished the maintenance, we were standing around talking about this and that when he brought up the stumps that have been growing inside my boat shed for a long while. As luck would have it, our mutual friend, Rob C., showed up about the same time. And before I knew it, there was a 3-way discussion going on about those stumps.

To get to the point, Rob soon was on his way home to pick up his power saws, and upon his return, set to work removing all the stumps that were hindering the trailer's movement, starting with the biggest stump located directly in the middle of the shed. I can't tell you how long I've been listening to a cross member on my trailer "squeak" it's way over the top of that particular stump each trip.

'Twill be no more, however, thanks to the efforts of Rob and Wayne taking turns today, getting all those annoyances out of my way.

The idea of friends helping friends has a long, rich history in this country, and for that, I'm indeed grateful. Susan Polis Schutz said it best when she offered the following words:

No comments:

Post a Comment