Sunday, October 2, 2022

What D'Ya Do When You're Bored But Don't Want To Uncover Your Boat?


That's the dilemma my tournament partner found himself staring at a little earlier today when he called and told me that he had gone to West Neck to check out the modifications he had made to some old baits, as well as test some new ones that just recently had arrived at his door.

Incidentally, the reason Wayne didn't want to uncover his boat is because of the approaching second round of rain and strong winds from the remnants of Ian.

Moments after my friend's first phone call, letting me know he just had arrived at West Neck, I received a follow-up call that was jam-packed with nothing but good news. Seems that not only had he resolved all the issues with his old baits, but the new ones had lived up to every last promise contained in all the promotional materials.

In only four casts, he had four bass that would have gone about 2.5 lbs. apiece. That totals more weight than he's probably had in all of his outings put together over the past month. Don't reckon I need to tell you how upbeat he sounded when he called to give me the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment