Wednesday, October 12, 2022

2nd Classic Practice Day a Step in the Wrong Direction


I had no reason to expect much, if anything, today, so I can truthfully tell you I'm not in the least disappointed. When you plan for the worst, and it happens, how can you possibly get upset?

We boated a total of three fish in six hours on the water, including two dinks and one keeper...and that's after hitting five different areas. The way I see it this moment is that it can only get more worse if the predicted rain tomorrow muddies up what clear water we discovered the past couple of days. In my opinion, that's maybe the only thing positive going for any local fisherman right now.

Was in the boat with Wayne earlier today when he had a phone conversation with a mutual friend of ours, and I'll give you three guesses what most of the conversation was about, with the first two not counting. In case you need some help figuring it out for yourself, the main topic was all the fish that people AREN'T catching.

Reckon there's more truth than fiction in that old saying: Misery loves company. And if you don't already feel that way, remind me to ask you again after Day 2 of our Classic, cause I have a strong hunch there's going to be about 14 of us without too much to celebrate...give or two a couple of folks...perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment