Sunday, August 14, 2022

You Might Say "Persistence Pays Off"


Heard from kayaker Ron today, noting that he had been fishing a lot the past few days...taking both morning and evening trips. "Caught a bunch of mid-teen length 1-2-lb. bass," he said. "Was resigned to not finding the big 'uns again.

"Then, this morning, I launched at my favorite haunt...Milldam. The river gauge had dropped a foot, but temps were great, there were some clouds, and everything seemed to line up.

"After three hours, I had had enough of the dinks and was ready to call it quits. Transited past a lone skinny cypress and threw to the left, then to the right. It wasn't until I was well past the little tree that I threw back behind the far side. Got a nice thud of a tap, line ran out, I set the hook, and landed a 5-4 bass.

"Was a good morning. Caught a bonus bowfin, which I haven't had in ages," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment