Monday, February 14, 2022

It Won't Be Long Now, Guys and Gals

There's a 1920s song that goes like this:

When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along, along,
There'll be no more sobbing when he starts throbbing
His own sweet song.

Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head,
Get up, get up, get out of bed,
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red,
Live, love, laugh, and be happy... .

These lyrics suggest that the arrival of robins means that spring is just around the corner.  The three robins in my neighbor's tree at left (photographed just this morning) therefore must mean the same thing, right? These three robins were just some of the more than a dozen I counted as I tried to position myself without spooking all of them.

Other signs also are showing up, as well. For example, I have another neighbor, whose fruit trees already have blossoms on them. And, too, my early spring allergies have already made their return. After just my trip outdoors this morning to get the accompanying photo, I had to dive for the medicine cabinet that holds my pills. And before we know it, all the vehicles will start turning yellow with pollen, and owners will be crying for a little rain to wash away the residue.

And, yes, all the streams once again will come alive with anglers looking for bragging-size fish. In case you haven't looked at the calendar recently, our initial Dewey Mullins Memorial Tournament of the 2022 season (Sunday, March 6th) is only three weeks away. Wayne and I already are busy getting things ready to go. Don't forget to keep an eye on your email box for any and/or all updates between now and then.

As usual, please refer questions to the TD, Wayne, at 757-705-4950.

No comments:

Post a Comment