Thursday, October 7, 2021

No Kiddin'--I Really Can't "See Straight" Any Longer

That was the diagnosis I received from my long-time eye doctor today.

This was my first checkup in more than a year, thanks to all the business with COVID-19. May not have scheduled an appointment now, except for the fact I've been noticing a couple things related to my vision that hadn't existed until recently. I've been having double vision when looking at something out the corner of my eye, along with depth-perception difficulties when fishing early-morning low-light conditions.

As the doctor told me, my eyes simply no longer are working together. My left eye focuses on things at a slightly lower level than what my right eye does. The problem likely won't get any worse than it is at the moment, but if it should and I want to get some relief from it, I can go back to wearing prescription specs again. That's not going to happen unless the problem gets dramatically worse than it is.

And besides, the depth-perception difficulties go away once full daylight is achieved.

Coupled with the return of some minor vertigo bouts, though, reckon it's in my best interests to never touch any booze ever again. No problem there, however, 'cause I haven't had anything alcoholic since I retired from the Navy nearly 40 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment