Thursday, August 5, 2021

With This Stuff, the Results Are Immediate

It's been several years since I used any kind of line conditioner in my fishing, and I very well may have never used it again if not for a suggestion from my new partner. 

During a recent trip, Wayne took note of the fact I was having trouble casting a weightless soft plastic with my baitcaster and asked if I ever had used Blakemore Real Magic. I answered no, and he treated all four of my rods the next trip.

The difference was amazing. Nearly all the backlashes were gone, and I was getting considerably more distance with every cast. The effects of that one treatment at the start of our fishing day lasted until we called it quits about six hours later.

As Canadian outdoor journalist, author and photographer Tim Allard explained in a testimonial, "Real Magic conditions, rejuvenates, protects, and softens fishing line. Stiff, wiry and dry line is quickly transformed into subtle string after the application of this product."

The lubricant is designed for use on monofilament, fluorocarbon, braid, superline, and fly lines in both fresh and saltwater environments.

"After treatment, line comes off the spool easier and winds on better," continued Allard. "Line memory also is dramatically reduced, which means fewer knots and tangles."

It doesn't end there, though. Real Magic also increases casting distance.

"The figures 10 to 15 percent get tossed around when I talk with fishing buddies," said Allard. "I've yet to break out measuring implements and collect the hard data myself. I just know I can cast farther with conditioned line, which is really pleasant, especially in breezy conditions. Tossing a spinnerbait into a headwind for a day is a great way to appreciate the virtues of Real Magic."

For Allard...and this old-timer, too...Real Magic is a real winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment