Sunday, February 7, 2021

Got a Hitch in My Git-Along...But Otherwise OK

Figured maybe I should explain myself...insofar as why a week has passed without posting a single new entry here on the blog. Had a friend call me this morning, asking if something was wrong because of that very fact.

It would seem that coronavirus isn't the only thing that has exacted a "new normal" on my way of life in the last week. About this time a week ago, the stiffness in my legs, especially my knees, as a result of the stenosis in my spine, decided to hand me a not-so-subtle reminder of how much influence it can have on things I usually take for granted.

For the past week now, I've been forced to either push or pull myself off chairs and/or the john, 'cause my knees temporarily (I hope) isn't capable of doing the job. My walking also leaves a bit to be desired. For about three days, my best effort resembled an imitation of Walter Brennan in the old "The Real McCoys" TV series. Over time, though, I've morphed into a "shuffle," and only the good Lord knows where I'll go from here.

Doesn't matter if I'm shuffling...or whatever...come Tuesday, 'cause I have an appointment that day for my first Covid-19 vaccination, and I'm not about to let anything other than the Lord's will deter me from that.

Thus far in my battle with spinal stenosis, the problem with my legs has been a seasonal thing...limited mostly to the colder winter months. With any degree of luck, this episode will not be an exception to that rule. My goal is to get back to the "old normal" by March, when the next tournament season is scheduled to get underway.

In the meantime, I'll be checking around to see if I can come up with some new blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment