Tuesday, February 23, 2021

For Week Ending Sunday, Feb. 28, 2021

 

Tuesday, Feb. 23 (from Ron)...
Wind was brutal this afternoon (20.7 with higher gusts). Could only fish the southern shoreline where there was a windbreak. Murky water made for a very poor bite. However, managed one chain pick and two crappie. No bass.










Wednesday, Feb. 24 (from Ron)...What a great weather day. Late start at 3:30 p.m. Very slow bite and no bass. Did get a little variety, though. All fell to the Rapala Original Floater; nothing hit the XTS Minnow.  Was very happy with the fight from the small bowfin! Two so far in February...very odd.












Thursday, Feb. 25 (from Ron)...
Fished from 3 p.m. 'til sunset. After a couple hours of not much, a chain pick hit a Cotton Cordell. Also caught a couple crappie on the Rapala Original Floater. Then had a seriously bent rod, and when all that action was over, I weighed a 13-lb. 6-oz. catfish that had hit the XTS Minnow. Finally, just at sunset, I managed to land a couple bass--one at 1-6 and the other at 2-4. All in all, it was just another beautiful day of mixed-bag catches. Pleased was I. Have to admit, I thought the catfish was a 10-lb. bass. Put up one helluva a fight and really messed up the net.

(Heard about another fella I know landing a double-digit catfish the other day. Have asked him to share a photo I understand was taken, but thus far, nothing has been forthcoming. If/when I receive it, will include it here on the Fishing Report.)



Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 27 & 28 (from Ron)...
Fished yesterday from 1100 'till the wind drove me off at 1230, but not before I avoided the skunk with one lone crappie. Launched today at 1500, and the wind was very calm. In the first thirty minutes, lost three and landed one 2-0 bass. Then there was a long lull before I had a serious pole-bending hit on my XTS Minnow. The fish took off, with the drag screaming. The prize turned out to be a 10-lb. 11-oz. carp. In six years, I have only ever caught two carp on artificial lures. At least, I got a seriously bent rod. I am convinced there's not a fish alive that won't hit the XTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment