Monday, October 28, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019



Monday, Oct. 28 (from Ron)...Still fixated on the saltwater. Got some nicer speckled trout this evening...about a dozen, with the best coming in at 18, 19 and 21 inches. The biggest put up a great fight on light tackle. Love it when they make that final run and take half the pole underwater--that is, when I know they are over 20! Very nice weather we are having.

Tuesday, Oct. 29 (from Don Mc)...Just droppin' a line to stay in touch. Hope your season is still fruitful. Froggin' has been fair to good lately. I know it's deer season, but this froggin' rod is glued to my hand (LOL). There is a bigtime duck-weed invasion on the Northwest River this year. But when life hands you a lemon, ya squeeze it and make lemonade. This glass of lemonade weighed 5 lbs.



 

Tuesday, Oct. 29 (from Ken)...After nursing my ego back to health from the Classic double skunk a couple weeks ago, I returned to the water today. Can't say it was one to write home about, but at least, I didn't get my butt handed to me again. Ended the day with six dink bass and one pickerel. Five of the bass came on a topwater bait. The pickerel (about 2.5 lbs. worth) and sixth bass came on a jerkbait. While on the water, I ran across Ray, as well as Rob and Dave, all of whom had pretty much the same kind of day as me. Am debating about making another trip tomorrow. Will have to check the weather and water level first, though.

Wednesday, Oct. 30 (from Lenny)...My wife, Katy, and I hit the water about 12:30 and fished 'till 6 o'clock. We caught fish all day long, and by Katy's count, had boated a total of 31 (10 for her and 21 for me) at day's end. We had a lot of small fish but also some good keepers--nothing over 3 lbs. Katy caught her fish on finesse worms. All of mine came off of crankbaits and topwater. The weather was great. 

Wednesday, Oct. 30 (from Ken)...Well, the weather and water level were fine this morning, so I went to West Neck, launched my boat, and headed south for a day of relaxed fishing. My choice of spots proved to be much better than yesterday. Started the morning by boating a bluegill on a jerkbait, then picked up my rod with a topwater bait attached and proceeded to boat seven bass, including two dinks, a 1-2, 1-7, 1-15, 2-3 and 3-1, for a total weight of 9-12. Also had several more blowups, some of which included momentary hookups. Really hated to quit at 2 o'clock, cause the bite still was on, but am glad I did, or I would have been facing a few raindrops during the ride back to West Neck. As it was, the drops didn't start until I had returned my boat to its storage shed and was cleaning up all my tackle. Probably won't be making another trip this week but will try to get out at least once next week. Sure don't envy anyone planning to buck those strong winds predicted for tomorrow. Make sure your batteries are up for the test before you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment