Monday, October 14, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019




Saturday, Oct. 12 (from Ron)...After a long time off the water, got back out this morning and fished Milldam. Peddled two miles to my favorite spot, only to find it occupied by a bunch of wooden ducks and some guys in camo hiding in the reeds. Slowly backed away and threw to a few other spots, where a couple bass hit topwater baits. Couldn't weigh them, though, because I forgot my scale. In the afternoon, I made another trip with my spouse, who wanted to paddle board. She mentioned this just as I was finishing the cleanup from my morning trip. I said, "Sure, let's go to Lotus Garden." It was way too shallow, however, so we tried Horn Point, where it was way too windy. That left West Neck Marina, which proved to be OK. I wasn't expecting much at 3 p.m., considering the bluebird skies. While enjoying the beautiful day with my girl, I decided to throw a micro spinner to an exposed stump, and low and behold, a 2-7 grabbed the bait! Made my day.



Sunday, Oct. 13 (from Ron)...Fished HRBT from 0330 to 0500. Caught bunch of little bluefish and speckled trout. Also caught three stripers over 20 inches but had to throw a couple back because you can only keep one this year. Perfect dinner for a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment