Thursday, August 29, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019



Thursday, Aug. 29 (from Ken)...Having survived my overating ordeal with no lasting effects, I decided to get back into my fishing again today. The weather forecast was just too good to sit home another day. Fished about 7.5 hours and managed to catch 11 bass, only about four of which would have been keepers. Found one concentration of small fish but couldn't stay there because a fella and his friend in an aluminum bass rig were parked in the middle of it and were making it abundantly clear they didn't want me horning in. Both started launching long casts in my direction, so I circled out around them and continued on my way. Besides, I had grown tired of catching small bass. Picked up and moved to a new spot, where I quickly put a 3-7 in the boat. Water temp when I launched this morning at West Neck was 74 degrees. Sure hope those temps stay around. Should make for some real good September fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment