Tuesday, July 16, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, July 21, 2019



Tuesday, July 16 (from Dave & Ken)...We launched at 5:30 this morning at Pungo Ferry, as agreed upon yesterday, and fished until 12 noon. By the time we quit, it was hotter than blue blazes, especially with little cloud cover most of the time, coupled with only a little on-again, off-again breeze. We managed to boat 12 keepers during our time on the water, along with several dinks. For a spell this morning, Dave also was catching some bluegill and crappie, and I managed one small white perch. Given the current forecast, we're in agreement that today's trip will be our only one this week. It's just not healthy to be out there very long. All in all, it was a good day, and we both were anything but disappointed that we had to quit at noon.

Friday, July 19 (from Ron)...Had to scratch the itch and fished West Neck from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Caught one dink about 7 on a Pop-R, so stuck with topwater. Threw around some plastics, Silver Minnow, and micro-spinner, but they didn't elicit a bite. Didn't catch anymore until almost 9. As I approached the ramp, picked up two more on the Whopper Plopper: a dink and a 1-11 about 8:45 p.m. Both were holding to Cypress trees. Needless to say, it was miserably hot.

Sunday, July 21 (from Rob & Craig)...My friends called to report they had a great morning in the upper reaches of West Neck. Between 5:30 and 9 a.m., Rob said he and his buddy boated about 20 bass, the biggest of which would have gone about 2 lbs. After 9 o'clock, the bite shut down, but they kept trying for about another hour before throwing in the towel. As I told Rob, that's the best report I've gotten from West Neck in weeks now. Most anglers have reported only a few fish, with most of them dinks.

Sunday, July 21 (LATE REPORT) (from Don Mc)...Despite the hot weather of late, the Back Bay bass are still hon-gree. These went 4-5 and 3-8. The wife says I fish too much. Is that possible (LOL)? She did buy me a new HUK UV shirt, but this one has a lucky streak attached to it, so I keep wearing it. Almost afraid to wash it. I look forward to retiring (again), so I can fish more than the wife thinks I do. One day, I'll slip over to West Neck and do this over a hand shake with ya. Tight Lines, pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment