Friday, July 19, 2019

And They (Women) Talk About Men Buying So Many Lures They Forget Having Them

Well, guess what. We're not alone. My wife was sitting at the kitchen table last evening, going through a couple of old recipe notebooks when I heard her remark (more to herself than anyone else), "Hmm. I have some good recipes here. The problem is I just put 'em away as soon as I find them and then forget I've got 'em."

If that's not the same thing, I'll eat your hat.

I kept my thoughts to myself, however, 'cause the last thing I wanted to do was to stir the pot. It's easier just quietly claiming a small victory to myself than opening Pandora's box and trying to figure out a way to shut it. The smart man, I believe, is the one who learns to pick his battles carefully. And besides, why ruin an otherwise nice evening?

To be painfully honest, I must admit that I have far more tackle than I can possibly remember. That fact became abundantly clear a week ago when I was consolidating some of my gear. I came across tons of lures and soft plastics, much of which still were in the original packaging. And there's no way I'll ever use this stuff in my remaining years.

Accordingly, I have begun a process to start selling off the extra gear, so that family and friends aren't left with that unenviable task after I'm gone. I'm already developing a pricing guide and have worked out a general agreement with someone who will be providing a space for displaying everything.

Besides saving others this task, I also will be helping myself because a thorough "garage cleaning" is on my list of to-do things, and that's where all my gear is housed. In other words, the more I can sell means that much less stuff I will have to move out, then back in the garage, once cleaning kicks into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment