Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Attention-Getters From the Latest BassBlaster

Jay Kumar often has some really interesting stuff in this publication, and today's issue certainly was no exception. The first item that captured my attention was this account of a couple very lucky dudes. Here's the story, as originally posted in a Texas forum:




"I'll clarify the facts, as I was driving the boat. We were running in a calm cove, and at 99.7 mph, the boat hooked, and we were both ejected. And before anyone starts on the 'I don't own a Bullet because of this...Bullets aren't safe...something is wrong with the boat,' I'll clarify and say that I was running a case with a modified skeg, at an extremely high motor height, and I pushed the envelope. It was my fault, it was in the setup, and I fully raise my hand and take the blame, because that's whom it's on. We are both totally fine, other than being a little bumped up...and freezing cold. We were both wearing lifeline race vests and straps, and I had a helmet on. Killswitch was worn. Because of these pieces of safety equipment, we are both virtually unscathed. With that said, guys, please wear your safety equipment at all times; it can be the difference."

And then there was this video of a guy, presumably from Brazil, handling a rod like I've never seen anyone to date come close to duplicating...with a baitcast reel mounted on it.



To see the video, click on the link below (NOT the arrow in the photo above):
 https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp3LEIFBgY5/.

No comments:

Post a Comment