Monday, April 23, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, April 29, 2018



Monday, April 23 (from Ron)...Launched at 6:20 p.m. and fished the upper North Landing until 7:40. Caught one 15-inch bass and a 17-inch striper. At least I wasn't skunked, and the upper North Landing provided some wind protection. Weather forecast doesn't look good for Tuesday.




Wednesday, April 25 (from Ron)...Fished Tecumseh from 5 to 7:45 p.m. Got rained on and avoided the lightning for a so-so sort of trip. The bass were holding tight to shore and structure. When I figured it out, caught three on SwimSenko near sunset, including a 1-1, 1-11, and a 2-4. Played with topwater Whopper Plopper and caught one crappie.

Thursday, April 26 (from Ron)...Shifted to saltwater this evening, in hopes of finding chopper bluefish, but all I found was a dink grey trout to avoid the skunk. The big blues are there; you just gotta find 'em.





Friday, April 27 (from Ron)...Still trying to find my chopper bluefish fix, but can't seem to find one...yet. Had to settle for a consolation red drum that gave a helluva fight and drug the kayak around for a bit. Was just over slot. Saw a guy land a few of the big blues on topwater. They were not interested in my go-to bucktail with a paddletail trailer. Stocked my box with some topwater lures and plan on going back at dawn. Once I get a few, I can revert back to the uncrowded creeks and chase the bass 'n' bowfin.

Saturday, April 28 (from Ron)...Fished Rudee Inlet from 0600 'till 1230 and caught a few bluefish to 22 inches, not the choppers I hoped to find. Came home and cleaned up, then rested a spell and went back out at 5 p.m. Six and a half minutes after launch, I caught the chopper pictured here while trolling a bucktail paddle-tail combo. He drug me around for five minutes of drag-screaming excitement. Continued fishing for another 2 hours without another tap. Feeling very lucky.

Saturday, April 28 (from Ray)...Late getting on the water due to seat problems and fished the upper West Neck. The tributaries were clearer than the main river. Water temperature was in the 60s. At one point, there were five boats within sight of each other. Caught only two bass: a 1.75 and a dink...may have been a dinkette. Tube and Senko worked for me, although I tried several lures.

No comments:

Post a Comment