Monday, March 19, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, March 25, 2018



Monday, March 19 (from Ron)...Caught a bass this evening and lost another one. Wasn't huge (1-2), but at least it was a bass. Fished upper North Landing from 3:30 'til dark. Bite was almost non-existent for the three-hour effort. Found 'em in the shallows of feeder creeks. Weather is going south again...O happy day!

Monday, March 19 (from Ken)...Closely followed the weather forecast and online water-level gauge all day yesterday, and figured I'd better take a chance today or perhaps face the reality of spending another whole week without a fishin' "fix." Fished both directions in West Neck from 8:30 to 2:30 with crankbaits, a chatterbait, and a spinnerbait. Only found two bass, both above the bridge. First one hit about 11 o'clock, followed about 45 minutes later by the second one. The first bass, a dink, fooled me for a minute while fishing a laydown log...I didn't realize he was swimming with my chatterbait until it was too late. On my second cast alongside the same laydown with a spinnerbait, though, he was mine. The second bass, a 1-15, hit the same spinnerbait as I was working it between a couple of knees in a stand of trees. I saw a swirl and felt it, too, as soon as the bait hit the water. From that point on, I was doing nothing but thrashing the water. Couldn't buy a strike on anything. Saw a lot of activity (swirls and a few splashes on top) in the middle of the channel above the bridge all day, which I surmised to be stripers. As I was motoring back toward and through the bridge, heading the other direction this afternoon, I stirred up a lot of swirls in the area where all the pilings from the old bridge are located...again probably stripers. 'Twas a nice day, given all the overcast and light winds I had. I love it when I don't have to fight the trolling motor all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment